Here are a few fun facts about me that you won’t learn on my resume:
- I grew up in West Hartford, CT and spent 11 years attending a Jewish day school, nursery through eight grade. My graduating class had 14 students in it. My public high school graduating class clocked in around 300.
- I was talked into running cross country my sophomore year of high school and ended up running all three seasons for the next three years. I even went to running camp twice! My fastest mile time was 6:36. Don’t ask what my mile time is now.
- I’ve taken three languages; Hebrew for 11 years in elementary and middle school and then again in college, where I received a minor in the language, Spanish for four years in high school and Irish for one semester. I don’t speak any of them fluently, but could probably get by if dropped in the middle of Israel or Spain. In Ireland, I’m hoping they speak English.
- I spent a semester of my junior year at NYU studying in London. During my four months abroad, I visited nine different countries: England, Ireland, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain and Iceland.
- I enjoy cooking and make a mean mac n’ cheese. And I’m more than happy to share my recipe. In fact, I have shared my recipe on my food blog: Shana’s Recipe Box. I try to plan our meals for the week every weekend and have made it my goal to try a new recipe or two every month.
- I married my husband, Paul in 2011. Paul is the proprietor of The Amendment Gazette and webmaster of the official website for crime novelist Donald Westlake.
- I have lived in two countries and three states. I am currently living in Rockville, Maryland. We moved to Rockville in 2014 after a year long stint in Beacon, NY.
- I am a very proud mother of two. Madelyn was born in 2013, Nathan was born in 2015.